Grown in husks on a Hazel tree, hazelnuts are a popular snack and are often added to desserts, candies, and truffles. An extremely rich source of particularly vitamin E, hazelnuts are a powerhouse of nutrition and have a lot of benefits when consumed internally. Other than this, the oil that is derived from hazelnuts has just as much value when used topically.
Is Hazelnut Oil good for your face?
Containing over 80% of our daily requirement of Vitamin E, Hazelnut Oil Hair is packed with antioxidants. This enables it to boost collagen production since vitamin E works to reduce an enzyme that destroys collagen. The boost in collagen improves the elasticity of the skin and hence makes it firm and supple. Its high content of fatty acids and vitamin E work powerfully together to increase hydration in the outer layer of the skin and this reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also protects against and repairs skin damage caused by UV radiation and environmental stressors.
Hazelnut oil also reduces hyperpigmentation caused by acne, sun damage, hormonal changes, skin injuries etc. Rich in tannins, hazelnut oil is a wonderful astringent which not only dries oily skin but also removes bacteria from pores and shrinks them improving the texture and appearance of skin. Hazelnut oil also regulates production of sebum and therefore actively works in fighting acne. It also has a low comedogenic rating which makes it a suitable oil for all skin types since it is unlikely to cause clogged pores and the associated acne/breakouts.
High in fatty acids, one of the major benefits of hazelnut oil is as a moisturizer. It acts as a natural emollient and rehydrates the fatty acids that are naturally occurring in your skin. It naturally softens skin due to its high content of not just vitamin E but also phytosterol and stearic acid making it a perfect remedy for dry skin. The high content of flavonoids enables faster cell regeneration which rejuvenates skin health.
- Hazel Seed Oil – obtained from the hazelnut tree, this is a light, non-greasy, toning oil for combination skin types.
- Orange Flower Oil – defines and intensifies curls and waves while providing a harmonizing and uplifting natural aromatic top note.
- Jojoba Seed Oil – this beautiful golden oil is extracted from the bean like seeds of the jojoba desert shrub. A soothing, non-greasy, nourishing oil for all skin types, this natural oil (actually liquid wax) most resembles our own skin oils. It is excellent for use in dry to normal skin and hair care.
- Rosemary Essential Oil – is known for its healthy influence on the scalp by increasing circulation which is beneficial for stimulating hair growth. A high vibration treatment oil to nourish hair, skin and nails.
- and many more amazing natural ingredients